• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Best study books

About the Ads

ArteryStudyPainting

Artery: The study of painting
5+ Year Member
May 25, 2016
Nay
  1. Medical Student
I'll say, I hated Kaplan with a passion. Too cutesy, wordy, pedantic (and not in a helpful way).

Literally, the beginning of their first MCAT book I read starts with a story that is way too long for their own good, and took too much time.

This, however, is coming from a guy that would prefer pure outlines for everything; take that book and make it 50 pages of bulletpoints.

I loved EK. Apparently it worked!

Reactions: 1 users

The REAL Doc McStuffins

2+ Year Member
May 24, 2019
Atlanta, GA
  1. Pre-Medical
I'll say, I hated Kaplan with a passion. Too cutesy, wordy, pedantic (and not in a helpful way).

Literally, the beginning of their first MCAT book I read starts with a story that is way too long for their own good, and took too much time.

This, however, is coming from a guy that would prefer pure outlines for everything; take that book and make it 50 pages of bulletpoints.

I loved EK. Apparently it worked!
Ok Thanks!

hippo166

Apr 25, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
In my experience Kaplan and (to a slightly lesser extent) TBR are both very popular. I will always endorse EK personally though because it cuts thru more of the BS and skims the lower-yield content. It'll be hard to get a 528 with them but getting through content review and into practice/FLs faster is super valuable, and it throws plenty of practice passages (not just discretes) both in and after the chapters.

For reference I got a 522 (131/129/130/132) using EK and the KA 300 page doc for P/S.

Either way, good luck!

Reactions: 1 users

The REAL Doc McStuffins

2+ Year Member
May 24, 2019
Atlanta, GA
  1. Pre-Medical
In my experience Kaplan and (to a slightly lesser extent) TBR are both very popular. I will always endorse EK personally though because it cuts thru more of the BS and skims the lower-yield content. It'll be hard to get a 528 with them but getting through content review and into practice/FLs faster is super valuable, and it throws plenty of practice passages (not just discretes) both in and after the chapters.

For reference I got a 522 (131/129/130/132) using EK and the KA 300 page doc for P/S.

Either way, good luck!
Okay thank you so much! I’ll probably go with EK

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.