Best TEXT for INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guzmaa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think?.

Which book gives you a good practicle perspective in terms of clinical perspective and or boards?

Any suggestions welcme, thanks.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

What do you guys think?.

Which book gives you a good practicle perspective in terms of clinical perspective and or boards?

Any suggestions welcme, thanks.:thumbup:

Grossman or Kern.

p diddy

I'm going to re-ask this question.

There are two components to interventional cardiology knowledge, a clinical one (studies) and technical knowledge. Grossman's is outdated...its a good primer for interventional and all general cardiology fellows should read it. Kern is also good for general cardiology fellows, but not for interventioanal (though he has a manual out for the interventionalist - I don't know how it is).

For my clinical knowledge, I currently use Topol's book. It is heavy on the studies, but I think its important to know that stuff.

For my technical knowledge, I have been using Thach Nguyen's book. It is good, but still incomplete (I got ripped by my staff last week for not knowing more about rota - it really isn't covered in Nguyen's book.

SO, my question is, what is the best technical book out there?

Does anyone have any experience with Mukherjee's book from 2010? What about PCR-EAPCI?

Before I drop $250, I would like to get some feedback.

thanks

ap

Members don't see this ad :)
Grossman's has a new edition coming out this fall.

I just got SCAI Interventional Cardiology Board Review, (Kern is editor). It is a very good and concise book. It has several technical aspects (all the rota stuff I was asked was in this book), but it is more of a clinical knowledge book. I did find a couple of errors (referenced wrong paper, a table confused eGFR and CrCl), but I think it is a really good book and this is the core book I will primarily be using this year.

Good luck.

I maintain that there is no excellent reference out there for the hands-on, technical aspects of interventional. Kern's interventional manual is okay-ish. Thach Nguyen's book is pretty good and there are actually a lot of really good fundamental pearls in there, but I think the information is sort of haphazardly presented.