Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Best time to apply

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by russiandoc, Mar 31, 2004.

1. russiandoc

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey guys. I wanted to hear your opinions about when is the best time to apply. I am going to be a junior next year and am going to take ochem1 in fall and ochem 2 in spring. I was planning on taking the mcat in august of next year. So when should i file my application? Can i do it without the mcat? I am a little lost about the timing of getting in to med school; how long is the process, and do you apply for the following year? Thanks in advance.

2. No Egrets

No Egrets Bachelorette of Science
    7+ Year Member

STFF!

3. ad_sharp

ad_sharp Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You should try to take the MCAT in April if at all possible. However, you can complete the AMCAS app even without your MCAT, but it will not be sent until the August scores are in. You should get started by mid-summer for the best chance. Apply as soon as AMCAS is open.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...