Best time to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

russiandoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I wanted to hear your opinions about when is the best time to apply. I am going to be a junior next year and am going to take ochem1 in fall and ochem 2 in spring. I was planning on taking the mcat in august of next year. So when should i file my application? Can i do it without the mcat? I am a little lost about the timing of getting in to med school; how long is the process, and do you apply for the following year? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by russiandoc
Hey guys. I wanted to hear your opinions about when is the best time to apply. I am going to be a junior next year and am going to take ochem1 in fall and ochem 2 in spring. I was planning on taking the mcat in august of next year. So when should i file my application? Can i do it without the mcat? I am a little lost about the timing of getting in to med school; how long is the process, and do you apply for the following year? Thanks in advance.

STFF!

You should try to take the MCAT in April if at all possible. However, you can complete the AMCAS app even without your MCAT, but it will not be sent until the August scores are in. You should get started by mid-summer for the best chance. Apply as soon as AMCAS is open.