Best time to ask for LOR's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zed350

I want my superapple
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am taking my pre-reqs at a community college and i want to get my LOR's from the teachers i am taking classes with right now.But i wont be taking MCAT till next year and plan to apply in 2008 cycle (May-June).
Do you think its a good idea to get all my LOR's right now?? (as they probably can write better stuff about me, when they still remember me + i wont have to go thru the hassle of chasing them down, since most of them are adjuncts)

Your input would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

No, what I would do is make sure you "stand out" to the teacher by getting good grades and letting them know your interest in medicine. Then slightly prior or after your MCAT, call them up or write them and ask them for a LOR. For example, I am taking April MCAT in 07. I plan on asking my letter writers to compose the letters after finals week. (scores will be in as well). Then while their composing the letters, I will fill out primary, and send transcripts. Good luck.