best time to travel during interview season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drabberbadge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to travel overseas, should I travel in mid-november or in january, basically I'm asking which would be safer to not avoid interview invites, so far I have one scheduled in feb but aside from that no others...

Members don't see this ad.

I have to travel overseas, should I travel in mid-november or in january, basically I'm asking which would be safer to not avoid interview invites, so far I have one scheduled in feb but aside from that no others...

Safer? I don't think there is a difference. Are you traveling to the states or abroad?

The earlier your interview, the better your chances.

Traveling abroad, is there a possibility to be invited mid nov for December date ? Or more likely to be go for Jan?

Members don't see this ad :)
Traveling abroad, is there a possibility to be invited mid nov for December date ? Or more likely to be go for Jan?

Is this for programs in the Caribbean? You could be invited at any time honestly: just be patient.

If I'm understanding correct, OP is traveling overseas and is worried that he/she may miss out on an II here while he/she is overseas. OP, yes some schools schedule interviews for next month. I can't comment on if this changes during the winter months though. You'd be best off looking at the school-specific threads from last year for the schools you're hoping to hear back from.

do you think its possible to get an interview invite in november for early december? or is that too early? I'm planning on leaving in mid november but worried I won't be back till end of december...

do you think its possible to get an interview invite in november for early december? or is that too early? I'm planning on leaving in mid november but worried I won't be back till end of december...
It's possible yes. I'll reiterate what I said above. Consult the school specific threads from last year for the schools you're hoping to hear from.