Best Undergraduate Pre Med Schools for me

My question (which I never voice) for people who do this is always if they have to take a shortcut for organic chemistry, how well do they expect to handle the material presented in medical school?
Look at the pass rates for people with low 20's MCATs. Seems to me that getting in is much harder than surviving it.

Members don't see this ad.

@efle (I keep reading your name as elfie lol)
Anyways!
You know those hard school would prepare better med students though. The rigor is probably equal to actual medical school, and so if you do go to one of those schools you might do better in med school. (wonder if there are stats for this?)

@efle (I keep reading your name as elfie lol)
Anyways!
You know those hard school would prepare better med students though. The rigor is probably equal to actual medical school, and so if you do go to one of those schools you might do better in med school. (wonder if there are stats for this?)
yeah I'd say someone is probably in for less of a shock if they were already busting their ass at UChicago or something. But I also think the idea of Med school as a soul crushing pile of endless work is greatly exaggerated (obviously depends on what residency you're aiming for though). A chunk of straight B students and mid 20s mcats get accepted every year and the vast majority of those handle Med school just fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I'd say someone is probably in for less of a shock if they were already busting their ass at UChicago or something. But I also think the idea of Med school as a soul crushing pile of endless work is greatly exaggerated (obviously depends on what residency you're aiming for though). A chunk of straight B students and mid 20s mcats get accepted every year and the vast majority of those handle Med school just fine.
Yeah.. I had some who busted ass during UG trying finish early that told me med school was easy compared to UG.
What I want to know is, does rigor vary from med school to med school? They all cover the same content, and have to pass the same board exam.. hmm

Yeah.. I had some who busted ass during UG trying finish early that told me med school was easy compared to UG.
What I want to know is, does rigor vary from med school to med school? They all cover the same content, and have to pass the same board exam.. hmm
In some respects yes, like AOA membership granted to top X% of the class. Not going to be the same difficulty to do that at uni new mexico vs Penn

As mentioned above how hard you find med school is purely based on what you're aiming for. I have no doubt that Penn can be described as "easy" by someone only interested in peds from Day 1; after all, there's fistfuls of residency spots to spare!

Few people actually fail Step I. The real pressure/challenge throughout med school is for whether you can enter your specialty of choice.