Technology Best upcoming Windows Mobile 6 pda/phone for a new intern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjbmsiv

INTJ
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm graduating from med school in a few short weeks, and I'm tired of carrying around a phone, pda, and ipod in my various pockets. I'm also tired of the Palm platform, and am looking forward to buying something new, especially with WinMo 6 coming out on many devices in the next few months.

I'm looking for a device that's slim enough to maybe fit in my pants pocket, has wifi (I don't think I can afford the extra for a big- or any- data plan), has some _style_, and will work with medical software like epocrates, tarascon, or the lexi-comp suite. Right now the ubiquio 503G is looking pretty sweet, but I don't know if I trust the brand enough. I _really_ like the Blackjack formfactor, but I know that the standard version of WinMo basically rules it out from running the software I'm going to need.

I know there are plenty of you guys walking around with your smartphones using software that I'm going to be using every day, so would you guys mind lending a helping hand in pointing out what might work the best for me? There's a lot of new phones coming out in the next few months and I want to start my intern year off right. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.