Best way for long term retention for Step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeTheBallDanny

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Knowing myself, I know I will not take the time to make flashcards on my own is my one caveat (so no Anki I guess). I do not care about cost too much and want to make sure I am not relearning everything during my dedicated prep time. I am an M1 in a systems based curriculum (BTW, if you post a discount code to firecracker I am going to have a hard time believing in the product you are trying to sell, especially since they are everywhere right now)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Knowing myself, I know I will not take the time to make flashcards on my own is my one caveat (so no Anki I guess). I do not care about cost too much and want to make sure I am not relearning everything during my dedicated prep time. I am an M1 in a systems based curriculum (BTW, if you post a discount code to firecracker I am going to have a hard time believing in the product you are trying to sell, especially since they are everywhere right now)
Spaced repetition.

That could be through Firecracker.

Or you could use Bros or Zanki if you don't want to make your own.

Spaced repetition.

So what exactly are Bros and Zanki? How are they organized?

Members don't see this ad :)
Repetition drive learning, as does frequent assessment.

So do as many practice questions as you can, from whatever bank you can find.

I'm not crazy about Firecracker myself, but it has utility. Just watch out for the minutiae, and pseudo questions.

Spaced repetition.

I would get a couple of PDFs textbooks per subject and read them, no notes, no flash cards, come dedicated period all I had to do was focus on uworld and first aid, boom 265, easy.

So what exactly are Bros and Zanki? How are they organized?
They are premade Anki cards. Make sure you have a good grasp of the material first, otherwise you're going to be repeating much more than you'd like.

Reactions: 1 users
They are premade Anki cards. Make sure you have a good grasp of the material first, otherwise you're going to be repeating much more than you'd like.
What about memorang? I've seen a bunch of stuff on these forums about that too. Looked at the website and it looks like a paid version of those decks. Is there any value in it?