Best way to appropriate time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Empathetic Dreamer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I am taking the DAT in about 2 1/2 weeks. At this point, I think I have a good idea of my weakest areas, and want to spend my remaining time focusing on them. I am doing Ari's 10-week study schedule, and am in the phase where I am doing timed problem sets. My predicament is that I tend to be a relatively slow studier, and although I'd like to think it's because I'm being thorough, I am definitely often just plain inefficient (especially when doing practice problems from DAT destroyer).

To keep it short, I would like to perhaps spend a few days hitting my weak points, then returning to doing problems while simultaneously reviewing. I feel that it would be more efficient than doing problems and waiting to hit ones that I am weak on, as I already know what I need to hit. However, I am anxious, as I may be potentially sacrificing not going through as many questions as I should. Do you think this tradeoff would be worth it? Would it perhaps make no difference if I just crammed more problems in a single day later?

Thanks for reading, I'd appreciate any thoughts on this!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Taking a few days to focus on specific types of problems that you struggle with is no issue at all. Once you've turned them into strengths, you can move on with your general review. But if you think it's going to take more than a few days to work out your weak areas then I would delegate a chunk of each day to hitting weak areas, and the rest doing general problems/review. I never liked focusing on just one area too much because I found hitting every subject regularly kept it reinforced better in my head. If I focused on just one topic for too long I'd start forgetting things in other areas pretty quickly, but that's just me.

No that's definitely also a real concern. I think it's worth it for me to make the tradeoff at this point, but I'm gonna do like you said and try to keep it as short as possible.
I feel like part of me has also been so caught up in adhering to this schedule that I'm not realizing its meant to be a general framework. Gotta learn to think for yourself too right?

Reactions: 1 user