Best way to convert PDF to flashcards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CodeRedDew

Thirst Quencher
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good way to convert a PDF flashcard document into actual electronic flashcards I can review on my computer?

I'm sure I could just print the entire PDF out and laminate each page and cut out the cards manually, but I wanted to see if there was a way to make them electronically before I did that.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you can print actual flashcards with most flashcard programs. So all you'd really have to do is screenshot what you want, throw the screenshot images into the cards you make, and then print them out. Or you could save paper and just review them on your computer/phone/tablet. You can also really quickly modify the images (throw in arrows, text, blank out certain things, etc) if you feel like it.

Is there any reason you'd rather print them out rather than just review them digitally? Digital flashcards are so much easier.

I'm assuming you can print actual flashcards with most flashcard programs. So all you'd really have to do is screenshot what you want, throw the screenshot images into the cards you make, and then print them out. Or you could save paper and just review them on your computer/phone/tablet. You can also really quickly modify the images (throw in arrows, text, blank out certain things, etc) if you feel like it.

Is there any reason you'd rather print them out rather than just review them digitally? Digital flashcards are so much easier.

Sorry, I should have specified. I do want them electronically, but I don't want to review them in a PDF. So my question is, is there anyway to take them out of a PDF (without having to screenshot and paste every single flashcard into a program like anki) and make them 'actual' electronic flashcards instead of a long PDF document. Because as a PDF document, they're all in a certain order and not randomized.