Best way to get a credit report?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I must be blind as I am sure this has been asked before and yet I can't seem to find it. I want to get a credit report. I believe there are online services where you give em $5 or something and they give you the report from all 3 major credit agencies.

Can someone give me a web address of one they've used?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i would check with your credit card company to see if they have any promotional offers to get one free along with any credit insurance you purchase/might have purchased. from mbna, i get a free credit report whenever I want from www.privacyguard.com, which gives me a report from all three bureaus and a very detailed summary of what is affecting my credit score.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can't get a free report from your CC company(s), or if you're in a hurry, just go to www.experian.com You can order one for about $15 and have it shipped to your email etc.

It's pretty quick and painless... although there's a certain irony in putting another charge on your credit card, if credit card bills are what's injuring your credit report! Experian used to be TRW, they give you all the reports (three bureaus) in one report.

I got one at Experian for $9, actually $9.74, at the web address above. It displays on the site, and you have to print it out if you want to look at it again without paying another fee.

I got mine free from the link to creditexpert.com provided by a previous poster. Sign up for the free trial, get your report, and cancel, all within 10 minutes--$0.:clap:

Another way to get a free report might be to open a new credit card or savings account somewhere. If there has been companies looking into your credit report I believe you can get one free within a certain number of days.