Best way to get from Ohara to UIC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princessbabe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have an interview next week in UIC. I am coming by flight so I was wondering what is the best way for me to get from Ohara airport to UIC med campus....

thanks
laterz! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by princessbabe
Hey Guys

I have an interview next week in UIC. I am coming by flight so I was wondering what is the best way for me to get from Ohara airport to UIC med campus....

thanks
laterz! :)

O'Hara?

Scarlet O'Hara has an airport now? She gets everything.

I do not know how to get from O'Hara to UIC, but I do know how to get from O'Hare to UIC...

sorry i meant ohare

how do i get from ohare to uic?

Members don't see this ad :)
walk, drive, bus, call a cab, etc.

so the best way to get from ohare to uic is to probably take the EL train. This is assuming you have some time, b/c it will probably take about an hour to about an hour and 15 minutes. if you arrive into chicago during traffic time, you probably wont save too much time by taking a car or cab. a cab is also very expensive. a one way will cost you more than 30 bucks, while the el is i think a buck 70 now. also, the el goes right into ohare and the same line will take you to the uic stop, which is on the blue line. ok, hope this helps

The el, definitely. It's $1.50 per trip (the fare hike doesn't go into effect until next year I think). FYI, you'll go around the loop so it'll be a 50 minute ride. But it's perfectly safe (except maybe super late at night). Here's the link to the CTA map:
http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/systemmaps.html