Best way to handle Scramble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helloder

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering which is the best way to attack the scramble process? Is it just straight up cold calling? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering which is the best way to attack the scramble process? Is it just straight up cold calling? Thanks.

The best way would be to match and not deal with it, which is what I hope you and my wife end up getting. She is just waiting to see what programs will be open. Then the calling begins. I think cold calling is the main component. Good luck.

Thanks man, and good luck to your wife as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had far more luck with emailing than phone calls.

I don't understand the scramble process too well. I know that a lot of people say to have your LORs ready when scramble time comes. For some reason I thought the preceptor gives you the LOR in a sealed envelope and you mail it. So will I need to tell the preceptor to give me like 10-15 envelopes just in case I have to send the LOR to many places that I'm scrambling? Or will they give me one LOR that I can see and I will be able to copy it for all the residencies that I'm submitting my app to and ones that I may be scrambling to if need be. I also know some faculty like to write residency-specific LORs, so how would I go about asking them to write LORs for a scramble, if I need to do this.

I would just like to know this as rotations are coming up soon, and our school recommends asking for LORs from every "clinical" rotation we think we did well on.