Best way to incorporate flashcards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptainAmazon

Reaction score
I'm writing the MCAT in August. Using Kaplan books, Khan Academy videos, and rebopbebop flashcards. I have the books and videos planned using StudySchedule, but I'm wondering what the best way to use the cards is?

Right now, I find that I start a set for a chapter 24h after I read it. But how often should I be doing a set of cards/chapter, especially since sets will build up as I read more chapters?

Members don't see this ad.

Learning the new cards takes more time than reviewing. I do 2 new decks of flashcards and review 20ish flashcards from each deck daily. The reviewing is pretty quick and though I spend 1-2 hours to review in the morning/evening before/after my "learning" time, I find myself being able to review randomly throughout the day. Like at work on a lunch break, waiting in a grocery line, babysitting etc

Reactions: 1 user
I'd do cards right after reviewing a chapter, or at latest the day after. Right after you review, the content will be fresh in your mind, so doing the flash cards will act as a great reinforcement to what you've learned. After that, as long as you remain consistent with reviewing your flash cards, then going back and reviewing old flash cards will go by really quickly, so even though flash cards will be adding up, your total time spend reviewing won't actually increase that much.

I'd also recommend using Anki if you plan to review this way.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 users