Best way to prep for RC and QR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CalDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am almost thru Kaplan for the sciences, and have read AP Cliffs, and taken notes and all. My test is coming up in less than 3 weeks, so I plan on reviewing the sciences and destroying the destroyer. ;)

But I feel like I don't know how to prepare for QR and RC? I see a lot of people who post good scores in sciences but only 19 or so AA's because of the RC and QR holding them back. I know I'm not too strong in O-chem so I want to make sure in case that doesn't go well, I can even it out with good RC and QR scores. So are there any really good ways of studying for QR and prepping for RC? I have Topscore, and destroyer for QR right now. Should I purchase Crack DAT Math? And other than just reading a lot, what are some good ways to prep for RC in a DAT style?

Thanks for your responses!

Members don't see this ad.

I think thats a good move with the Destroyer I have heard the Ochem section is GREAT, So that should help you if its your weakest science.
Friends of mine who took the DAT last cycle mentioned borrowing MCAT books to practice the RC passages. First off it should help with more exposure plus it can give you the edge on the tone type of questions which it seams are becoming more common

Thanks Bronco.

Any advice for QR? Is Crack DAT Math worth the $80 bucks, or are there other more useful resources. I want to simulate the test as closely as I can, and want more problems than just TopScore. Please help me out! Thanks :)

I thought the destroyer was pretty good for QR and I used ExamKrackers MCAT 101 passages for RC. Good Luck!