Best Way to prepare for MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhD2MD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently decided that I will be taking the MCAT next april. So that gives me a year to prepare for the exam. I was wondering how people will high scores prepared for the exam. I will take a prep course, but I dont know when the best time to do so is. I considered taking one right after new years so that it will be closer to the MCAT date, but then am considering maybe taking it in the fall would be better so that I could learn the info and techniques, and then practice until test day. Also, which prep course is the best? Any advice appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

PhD2MD said:
I recently decided that I will be taking the MCAT next april. So that gives me a year to prepare for the exam. I was wondering how people will high scores prepared for the exam. I will take a prep course, but I dont know when the best time to do so is. I considered taking one right after new years so that it will be closer to the MCAT date, but then am considering maybe taking it in the fall would be better so that I could learn the info and techniques, and then practice until test day. Also, which prep course is the best? Any advice appreciated.

See the 30+ MCAT study habits thread at the top of this forum.