Best way to prepare for perceptual ability test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stock22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
are there any online resources where i can teach myself how to do this section?

or do i have to buy books, if so what do you recommend?

any advice would be much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

are there any online resources where i can teach myself how to do this section?

or do i have to buy books, if so what do you recommend?

any advice would be much appreciated

There is a DAT section of the forum that is worth looking through for stuff like this, but to answer your question:

Practice is the only way to learn it, and get good at it. Buy the Kaplan book just to grasp the basics, but be aware that it is extremely easy in comparison to other practice material, and in most cases it is a good bit easier than the real test as well. Crack DAT has a good PAT program from what I hear as well. Topscore is a practice test utility that is also very helpful.

I believe one forum member here also uploaded some tutorial videos for each section, and those are probably worth searching through the forum for.

There is a DAT section of the forum that is worth looking through for stuff like this, but to answer your question:

Practice is the only way to learn it, and get good at it. Buy the Kaplan book just to grasp the basics, but be aware that it is extremely easy in comparison to other practice material, and in most cases it is a good bit easier than the real test as well. Crack DAT has a good PAT program from what I hear as well. Topscore is a practice test utility that is also very helpful.

I believe one forum member here also uploaded some tutorial videos for each section, and those are probably worth searching through the forum for.

i just joined today so im not sure entirely where everything is

what is crack DAT? do you have a link

thanks again

Members don't see this ad :)
I would recommend Crack the PAT indefinitely! I jumped from a 19 to a 25 on the PAT section of the DAT due to this program. I bought the 5 test package which was only $100. 10 tests are $130 if you want extra extraa practice.

It has gotten a lot harder. Make sure you practice with achiever as well if you are not naturally good at it.

that dude is: youtube.com/user/condog51

love him!!!!