Best way to Prepare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RLMD

blah
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school offers a Kaplan course at a discount after classes are over 2nd year to prepare for the boards. Has anyone taken the actual Kaplan course? Does it help, or will my time be better spent studying on my own? Should I take the course, or just get the Kaplan books to study from, or just get all the other review books that have been recommended and only study from those?

Members don't see this ad.

well...I have been studying on my own...we'll see how that turns out when I take my exam in a week or so... I think FA is essential essential. otherbooks...well, give and take...everyone has their own opinion.
I think the people in my school who took kaplan course is because they wanted someone to help them plan out their studying schedule and organize the way to approach this exam. And it save the trouble of buying all different books...you can have one source for all your needs. Certainly an easier way to do things.

i do wanna say that after looking up some questions that i had not clue about were in pathophys for the boards and wards but werent in brs path

im not saying dont use brs path but i think the boards and wards book does a better job prepping you especially for the "if this happens" what will be up or down arrow questions...if that makes sense