Best Way to Review Passages in the Berkely Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueWolverine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this question has been already answered. I want to know what your thoughts are on reviewing after doing the passages in the Berkely Review, especially chemistry.

Once you review all of the questions and decide on why you got the question wrong, what do you do to fix your weaknesses? For example, in the stoichiometry section, I was really pressed for time although I did well on the passages. What would be a good way to tackle that problem?
What if I notice I'm getting questions focused on reactions types wrong all the time? or even FSQ's?
If I have to practice doing more problems like these, what is the best source?

Members don't see this ad.

I am no expert, but given your circumstances with timing, I would just be more conscious of time when I do questions. Remember to record your times for EVERY passage or question or test (however you decide to keep track of time). My proudest work for the MCAT so far is a huge excel document with all of the practice material I am going to use. I have used cells designated for average time taken for passages, date written, section..etc. From this you can visually see if you are improving.

Improving on excel sheet = keep doing what your doing to fix your weaknesses.
Not improving = you need to change something up.

For practice problems, there are varying opinions on sdn. For me personally, I cherish the fact that TBR goes into too much detail and is too hard, as I am more prepared for encountering these types of questions on the actual MCAT.

My rankings of material (for sciences only...not VR):

1) AAMC FLs
2) TBR passages/FLs
3) TPRH
4) GS
5) kaplan