Best way to study for Pain fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeMerk-MtS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

For those doing or have completed a pain fellowship, what is the best way to learn? Are there any great resources/textbooks/videos that are helpful? I am now about 1 month in and although the teaching is good at my program, I feel as though I haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg and am trying to figure out where to go from here.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

For those doing or have completed a pain fellowship, what is the best way to learn? Are there any great resources/textbooks/videos that are helpful? I am now about 1 month in and although the teaching is good at my program, I feel as though I haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg and am trying to figure out where to go from here.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

There is no way to study its about exposure. Take the year in and keep an open mind.

You can buy an atlas for the fluoro procedures if anything.

Similar to anesthesia, you know nothing in the beginning and there is a steep learning curve. By the end of the year you will be very competent and confident.

Reactions: 1 user
The one thing I would study/read up on for procedures is patient positioning and fluoroscopy angles. I found that this was some of the most practical knowledge gained from fellowship. It won’t help you for the boards or fellowship practice but once you graduate and enter the field it will make increase your efficiency.