Best way to update about publication?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

random12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My paper was just accepted into a prominent journal but this was after I certified ERAS. I'm first author and I was wondering the best way to notify programs. Is it appropriate to email both the PD and the program coordinator? Should I include a brief blurb about the paper (or is that technically confidential before publication)?

Thanks guys! Best of luck to everyone this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

My paper was just accepted into a prominent journal but this was after I certified ERAS. I'm first author and I was wondering the best way to notify programs. Is it appropriate to email both the PD and the program coordinator? Should I include a brief blurb about the paper (or is that technically confidential before publication)?

Thanks guys! Best of luck to everyone this cycle.
Same boat. Pretty sure you’re SOL. Hopefully you put it under research experience, and that it was currently under review for publication. You’ll be able to bring up the acceptance to publish during interviews.

Bring several copies of your updated publication list to interviews and give a copy to the faculty and PD, who can update your file.