Nov 17, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Is it too late in the game for programs to upload my step 2 scores released today or should I email the PD/PC directly? I don't know if the deadlines listed for the programs on their website indicate that's when they no longer upload new info from ERAS. Thanks for the help.

Deferoxamine

Non-smoking
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2009
USA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I released my Step 2 scores to all programs the afternoon after I got the results back. On ERAS, I saw that all the programs where my application was still pending had downloaded the updated reports within the next 2 days. Judging by the longshot interview invites I've received since then, I have a feeling it MAY have impacted their decision.

I did not contact any of those programs by email with an update about the score. However, if your Step 2 CK is significantly higher than your Step 1, that might be a good idea this late in the game. At least it can't hurt.

ProgCoordinator

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
Release the results in ERAS and keep an eye on it. Don't contact programs unless you see that they haven't downloaded the results from ERAS after 2-3 business days. Good luck.