Best way to utilize LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UnifiedField

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to get the most out of all your letters of recommendation?

I want to use some of my professor's letters of recommendation for more than one program (a shadowing program at a hospital, an internship, and ultimately, for graduate school admission). I want to use my Microbiology Research professor for an internship next year & a graduate school admission. Should I tell him to write me two separate letters, or is there any way he could make some sort of generic letter of recommendation, so it could be less tedious for him?

Some of my other professors have printed out a couple of copies of the LORs they've written for me, and just edited the very specific parts of the letter, so it does not focus on one main objective, but I don't know if graduate schools are looking for specific references...

I also wanted to re-apply for a shadowing experience at my community hospital and wanted to use my Chem professor, but I also wanted to use her LOR for graduate school...

Anyone have any suggestions on how to coordinate LOR??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: