Best way to work as an MCAT tutor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinkerblue6

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got my MCAT score, and was quite happy with the results (522)! I am a non-traditional student going to take a year to work on getting clinical experience and am trying to line up a part-time job in research to help with my application.

My work up to this point has been in higher education and in particular advising and student development, with more than 3 years working in a tutoring center. I thought it would be a great way to get some extra cash and a way to keep working with students during the next two years to tutor for the MCAT (and to stay fresh on some material!).

I thought I would ask here for some advice. I've started to look into some of the big companies (Kaplan, TPR); I think NextStep looks pretty interesting too, as it seems like there might be some opportunities for more hours/a larger workload than with some of the others.

Does anyone have any recommendations for what path you would take if you were interested in tutoring for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.