beth israel deaconess

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziffy 850

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how competitive this program is? My stats are far from good, though my clinicals are excellent. I would love to be a part of this program, but I know it must be tough.

Anyone know any good programs that won't immediately shut me out because of poor performance first two years, and might put more emphasis on clinicals?

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody Has Any Info??

Members don't see this ad :)
It's part of Harvard, so I am sure it's competitive. A girl in my class ranked it #1 and did not get it. She had 230's and good grades, LOR's, EC's etc.

I did an away rotation there...from what I was told it's pretty competitive. The program director told me they get about 800 applications and interview about 150-200 or so. You should apply to any program that you would seriously consider being a resident at, so don't let competitiveness guide you. The away rotation there is a good experience if you're interested.

Just to play devil's advocate, why BIDMC? I mean, if I were choosing an EM residency in Boston (which I'm not right now, but very well could be), then the H-bomb affiliated hospitals would probably be my last stop (and I'm sure they don't want me either, so THERE!). I would think that you would see a lot more throught the BU-affiliated program at Boston City Hospital, also called "Boston's safety net".

You can see my stats on other posts, I got offered an interview and I will say that they are very attentive through email and stuff. I have heard good things about the place but I decided not to interview there.

EctopicFetus said:
You can see my stats on other posts, I got offered an interview and I will say that they are very attentive through email and stuff. I have heard good things about the place but I decided not to interview there.

I'm sure its pretty competitive being in Boston and Harvard associated. One of my friends got in this year, and I THINK he did a rotation out there. I think he's pretty excited (at least my opinion from match day haha)!

*shrug*.. i got offered an interview there and my stats are about average. my impression is that they look for academically oriented residents. Its all about where you fit. just apply.