bettendorf, iowa, erase board or scratch paper?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool9dent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
2007 examinee guide at http://ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/index.asp states "may request a dry erase board" and states nothing about scratch paper. 2006 guide mentioned "scratch paper". does this mean, from jan 1, 2007 onwards all centers will supply just the 'dry erase' board? does anyone know?

i am scheduled to take DAT at bettendorf, iowa in a few days. if you know what bettendorf supplied, pls reply.

thanks
cool-dent-man

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmmm... I would try calling the center and asking.

And if possible, you want to try and get the scratch paper.

Good luck!

Hmmmm... I would try calling the center and asking.

And if possible, you want to try and get the scratch paper.

Good luck!

There's very little OP can do at this point. If the center only supplies eraser board, it'll be wise to try getting one from Wal-Mart and be used to that option. Note that marker pen can get dried up easily and take up more space to write than a No. 2 pencil.

Hey, you can always switch to a different center if it's not incredibly inconvenient to get to.

I choose to take my DATs at a farther away test center because they had flat screen monitors, mouse scrollers and they gave 5 sheets of scratch paper (instead of 2, and instead of the dry-erase boards). I'd do it again in a second.

But if you are forced to take it in a center offering only dry-erase boards, then mitshi's advice is pretty good... you should definitely take practice tests with a dry-erase board to get used to that instead of the usual pencil/paper.