Better corporate governance for AMCAS, MCAT and AAMC in general

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iamdumb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there's anyone we can write to for this.

Members don't see this ad.

Iamdumb said:

what are you talking about?

Members don't see this ad :)
Iamdumb said:

For better or for worse, AAMC is one of the most powerful educational bodies in the country. They're not going to change their policies because they're inconvenient to you. They can get away with being inconvenient since there's no other way to get into medical school other than them. Although sometimes they're slow, there's really no other way to coordinate the medical school application process. Do you really want to take the time to enter all of your grades, submit all of your personal statements, and get official transcripts sent to 15 different schools?

Yeah, back in the day people had to apply to the individual schools. We like to b*tch about how things are now, but can you imagine filling out like 15 different apps, sending them, having transcripts sent everywhere, having LOR and essays sent everywhere, etc.

EDIT: And imagine the wait if we had to WAIT for interview/acceptance notifications by mail. Might as well make it pony express. :laugh:

EDIT: About "corporate governance": I work at a corporate company and things aren't done efficiently because of anything corporate. Things get done because of the people here, despite the corporate goverance. :)

well i am slightly wary about this verification time. ideally, it should be you submit, and get verified the next day. because then the people in front of you who got verified in a week have all this artificial time in terms of rolling applications cause you had to wait a month to get verified.

Iamdumb said:
Has anyone's verification taken longer than the six weeks they indicate is required? I know lots of folks have been getting it done sooner, but if it hasn't taken six weeks, they're still keeping their word here...

nekrogg said:
well i am slightly wary about this verification time. ideally, it should be you submit, and get verified the next day. because then the people in front of you who got verified in a week have all this artificial time in terms of rolling applications cause you had to wait a month to get verified.
Sure...You can pay for the extra man power.
What you described is the applying early advantage.