Better MCAT prep: TBR or ExamKrackers (or TPR)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pioneer22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the better, more comprehensive test prep: TBR v ExamKrackers v TPR?
I plan on self-studying MCAT over a summer.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This is better suited for the MCAT subforum: MCAT Discussions

I never read through TBR. But I think TPR is very good for content review but EK is better for practice passages. (I read through all of TPR, Kaplan, and EK) just my 2 c

It's probably more appropriate to post this in the MCAT discussion.

I found TPR to be significantly better than Kaplan or Exam Krackers. I did like the latter's practice questions though.

Members don't see this ad :)
TBR is better imo...they offer tons of passage based practice and thorough answer explanations. With that said I think Examkrackers would of been my primary review source if I didn't pick TBR.

I have TBR and EK I would agree with the above poster.

TBR- more in depth and lots of passage practice .
EK- easier (for me at least) to comprehend and I like the use of their charts and pictures better.

Due to this I need an in-depth review so I supplement my TBR with EK and KA.

I have TBR and EK I would agree with the above poster.

TBR- more in depth and lots of passage practice .
EK- easier (for me at least) to comprehend and I like the use of their charts and pictures better.

Due to this I need an in-depth review so I supplement my TBR with EK and KA.

Which sections of TBR would you recommend? Ive heard they are really good for the sciences, so like Biology, Chem, Physics? And then do EK Psych/Soc and CARS??

Which sections of TBR would you recommend? Ive heard they are really good for the sciences, so like Biology, Chem, Physics? And then do EK Psych/Soc and CARS??

Get the TBR books that you need the most review in honestly, which will be different for each person. If you want in-depth review of biology, chem, and physics then get those in TBR. I'm using TPR psych and soc because I've heard they are the best right now.

Get the TBR books that you need the most review in honestly, which will be different for each person. If you want in-depth review of biology, chem, and physics then get those in TBR. I'm using TPR psych and soc because I've heard they are the best right now.

so what would you recommend using EK for?
also which is best for CARS?

Ok this is what I'm doing
TBR: everything except psych/soc because my content is weak, and I only studied using short term memory in college
EK: using it to supplement TBR, after I go through the TBR chapter I go through the EK chapter.
TPR: psych/soc
EK: 101 passages: cars (using TBR book for cars also)

Basically I recommend EK over TBR for any material you already know pretty well and just need a normal review for. I recommend TBR for any material that you don't know very well and need a more in-depth study of. For me that's pretty much everything because I forgot basically everything I learned in class since I only did short term memory studying for my tests (studying the day before and forgetting it after the test was over).

Reactions: 1 user