Better Preparation for the Boards: NYCOM or UMDNJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you all think - for comlex and usmle

Members don't see this ad.

Dr....

Just a word of advice.... try not to make every decision about your future based on the advice of random anonymous people on the internet. You have to have the SDN top prize for questions cited. It's great that you investigate, but realize these are questions that will garner 10 different answers from 10 different people, hence the small sampling you will get on this site, by people who may or may not care, may or may not be representative of reality. Use this site as a resource, but not your brain.

In similar tone, medical school is 99% what you make out of it. People chose schools for different reasons. I chose NYCOM over UMDNJ 3 years ago. Looking back, do I regret anything? Definitely not. However, if I would have went to UMDNJ would I have regreted anything? Probably not either. You make the doctor, the school is along for the ride more or less... it's merely the wheels...you're the engine. Go to the place where you will be the happiest, because a happy medical student learns better and that is the "best board prep" you'll ever get....

'nuff said. Good luck.

oceandocDO said:
Dr....

Just a word of advice.... try not to make every decision about your future based on the advice of random anonymous people on the internet. You have to have the SDN top prize for questions cited. It's great that you investigate, but realize these are questions that will garner 10 different answers from 10 different people, hence the small sampling you will get on this site, by people who may or may not care, may or may not be representative of reality. Use this site as a resource, but not your brain.

In similar tone, medical school is 99% what you make out of it. People chose schools for different reasons. I chose NYCOM over UMDNJ 3 years ago. Looking back, do I regret anything? Definitely not. However, if I would have went to UMDNJ would I have regreted anything? Probably not either. You make the doctor, the school is along for the ride more or less... it's merely the wheels...you're the engine. Go to the place where you will be the happiest, because a happy medical student learns better and that is the "best board prep" you'll ever get....

'nuff said. Good luck.

Well said! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
oceandocDO said:
Dr....

HAHA, u beat me to it

theDr. said:
What do you all think - for comlex and usmle

see my reply in the Osteopathic Medical forum