1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

better to guess or leave ? blank on PCAT..

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by pharmCAS, Aug 7, 2006.

1. pharmCAS

pharmCAS Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

anyone w/ experience...is it better to guess or leave ? blank on PCAT..like say u have 5mins left and 15 ?s left; so is it better to guess a common ans (like B) all the way down or just leave those blank??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sweteg

sweteg New Member

Pharmacy Student
    You would guess and fill in. If I remember correctly, you don't get penalized for guessing wrong on the PCAT. Only what you get right is taken into account.

4. janeno

janeno Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You are not penalized for wrong answers, so GUESS!!! Try making educated guesses though...(of course, if you have time left)

5. kvl1027

kvl1027 Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Guessing is always better on the PCAT.

6. rxlynn

rxlynn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I can tell you that I didn't guess a common answer, but I did do a lot of guessing, especially on the quant and it worked out ok. It's really better if you at least manage to look at all the questions, and only guess on the ones you can't do. Otherwise, you risk leaving some easy questions at the end that you could have answered because you were wasting a lot of time with harder questions/material you didn't know in the middle. Under no circumstances should you leave anything blank!!

7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    If you don't think you'll be able to finish the full test in time, at least be sure to look at each question before blindly filling in answers. Some answers will be obviously wrong at first glance. Eliminating those, and guessing from the others remaining gives you a much better shot than just filling in bubbles in the last minute.

must have worked for my 99 composite ;)

8. Bill_252001

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    research shows htat you are better off selecting a particular answer choice and do it for all the questions.

9. ChemistI

ChemistI Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    GUESS you don't get penalized