Better to Pass/Fail Intro Bio or get a C?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xCygnusKnightx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I'm having a little trouble with introductory bio (it's notoriously hard here at my university).

So, I'm almost guaranteed a C unless by some miracle I'm able to get a B-....which still isn't good.

Would it be a better idea to Pass/Fail the course (as in I only get a pass grade) AND take another biology course as a pre-req which I can do well in or should I just go with the C and carry on?

I talked to two advisers. One said it would look bad and raise questions and the other said in the long run medical schools won't really care what course you took as long as you fulfill the pre-reqs and one C in a sea of As and Bs wont really matter.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone.

I'm having a little trouble with introductory bio (it's notoriously hard here at my university).

So, I'm almost guaranteed a C unless by some miracle I'm able to get a B-....which still isn't good.

Would it be a better idea to Pass/Fail the course (as in I only get a pass grade) AND take another biology course as a pre-req which I can do well in or should I just go with the C and carry on?

I talked to two advisers. One said it would look bad and raise questions and the other said in the long run medical schools won't really care what course you took as long as you fulfill the pre-reqs and one C in a sea of As and Bs wont really matter.

I think you'll be fine. I believe Brown university is all P/F

So in your opinion I should go with the pass and fail? I've heard from some people that taking a class for P/F when you could've taken it for credit looks bad because it pretty much shows that you were doing poorly in that class and just trying to hide it (which is what I'm trying to do).