BEWARE OF DAT GENIUS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

henrylohio

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker here just recently wrote my DAT it went well. When I was looking for study materials I was looking around the forums and saw that there were posts about a new product dat genius. The product is lack lustre at best, but even worst is I suspect that the accounts raving about the product are fake and used to promote the product as they all are recently created. Please save your money and use bootcamp and dat destroyer I found them to be more than enough material. Potentially crack the dat if you need more.

GL studying!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I’d like to respond to this by asking students to form their own opinion about any product they spend their money on. By trying products out, and talking to others they know that have used various products, students can figure out what they’d like to acquire as part of their DAT prep. I wouldn’t abuse SDN by creating fake posts, and hope that helpful products will create fans that want to share with others.

I prepped for the DAT before DAT Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer were around, but I see students rave about these products frequently, and they seem to be amazing tools for preparing.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi there,

I’d like to respond to this by asking students to form their own opinion about any product they spend their money on. By trying products out, and talking to others they know that have used various products, students can figure out what they’d like to acquire as part of their DAT prep. I wouldn’t abuse SDN by creating fake posts, and hope that helpful products will create fans that want to share with others.

I prepped for the DAT before DAT Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer were around, but I see students rave about these products frequently, and they seem to be amazing tools for preparing.

Just to keep the record straight DAT Destroyer has been around since 2006, that was 10 years ago. When did you prepare for the DAT?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote in 2010, but didn't know about all the great resources out there. If I had known about DAT Destoyer back then, I definitely would have used it :)
You stated
"I prepped for the DAT before DAT Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer were around,"

Just wanted to correct that statement by stating were were around in 2006, that's all.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker here just recently wrote my DAT it went well. When I was looking for study materials I was looking around the forums and saw that there were posts about a new product dat genius. The product is lack lustre at best, but even worst is I suspect that the accounts raving about the product are fake and used to promote the product as they all are recently created. Please save your money and use bootcamp and dat destroyer I found them to be more than enough material. Potentially crack the dat if you need more.

GL studying!

using DAT genius right now... and I think it's a fine product. A bit hard IMO. But I would definitely recommend it if someone is needing extra practice.

And I would've gotten CDP, but it's to expensive for my budget.

You stated
"I prepped for the DAT before DAT Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer were around,"

Just wanted to correct that statement by stating were were around in 2006, that's all.

Not sure why you felt the need to correct him. No one outside your business cares when you started.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Joel complimented the destroyer and the destroyer guy was kind of a d--- and it bothered me enough to make an account lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
I don't understand the point of this post. I have used dat genius and tyjacobs notes that were on the website and by far they were the best resources in my opinion. Also, the biology section of dat genius was amazing with all of their detailed explanation of the answer and all of the concepts relating to it.

Reactions: 5 users
BEWARE OF SENSATIONALIST TITLES

Warning other peers of a dishonest / subpar services is one thing, but this does not apply here imho. DAT Genius is one of the most reliable service I've used to date and it pains me to see it dragged in the mud like this. Good bank of questions, with a really thorough answers & explanations section to boot. Joel and his team are always on the ball and they're quick to answer your questions through their chat/contact system - even quicker than Ari and Dr. Romano / Nancy which is saying a lot because the latter two reply quite quickly as well.

I highly recommend it DAT Genius especially for the relatively cheap price of $79 compared to $100+ material out there. I have also used DAT Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer they are all great resources, and I ended up with 22AA and 23PAT last October

Attachments

• IMG_20151026_180238.jpg
    IMG_20151026_180238.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I don't understand the point of this post. I have used dat genius and tyjacobs notes that were on the website and by far they were the best resources in my opinion. Also, the biology section of dat genius was amazing with all of their detailed explanation of the answer and all of the concepts relating to it.

New account with all your posts about how great DAT genius is. Fishy. Watch out for new accounts with posts about how great DAT genius is.

New account with all your posts about how great DAT genius is. Fishy. Watch out for new accounts with posts about how great DAT genius is.
Lol. I am only giving my honest opinion. A lot of other people agree with me. If you don't think that it's helping you then don't use it. I honestly still don't understand the point of your post. Everyone already knows about dat boot camp and dat destroyer which are great tools, but not a lot of people know about fat genius. I am only trying to help, but it's people like you that makes people think twice before giving advice to others.

I had a quick question for you all- I looked on the DAT Genius website, and it appears to be quite similar to DAT Bootcamp. Genius has the same # of tests as Bootcamp in all sections except for PAT (where Bootcamp has 10 and Genius has 5).

So what's the appeal of Genius? What makes it unique?

I have multiple friends preparing to take the DAT this summer, so if I could get a helpful answer to the question above, I would consider guiding them towards Genius.

I had a quick question for you all- I looked on the DAT Genius website, and it appears to be quite similar to DAT Bootcamp. Genius has the same # of tests as Bootcamp in all sections except for PAT (where Bootcamp has 10 and Genius has 5).

I have multiple friends preparing to take the DAT this summer, so if I could get a helpful answer to the question above, I would consider guiding them towards Genius.
For me it was the biology section. Each question has at least 2 pages worth of explanation of the answer all of the other processes that relate to it. That made the biology section more of learning tool for me then just a testing tool. DAT boot camp doesn't go into enough details on explaining the answers on their biology section. That was the only section I thought was better than dat boot camp. When it came to Gen and orgo boot camp was more helpful.

There's nothing unique about genius, it is a copy of bootcamp. If I was Ari I would sue Genius, it's identical to bootcamp.

Actually, I beg to differ with henrylohio. I had an exceptional experience with DAT Genius and recommended it to all my peers in my pre-dental club. People need to understand, the more test questions you get, the better your odds are of performing well on the DAT(regardless of the company you get your material from). I like Genius because it kept me sharp and help me know what I need to improve on. I have DAT Bootcamp as well(which I love too), and one may say it is identical to bootcamp, but the wording of the questions are different on Genius( more specific), which is totally fine with me because I want see whatever they could possibly throw at me come test time. As the saying goes, "the more the merrier."

If you want my opinion, I say both are great and I actually highly recommend both. Everyone is going to have there differences as to what program is better no more than what phone is better (iPhone or Android). You will save a lot more money with Genius and get the same amount of problems roughly. Actually, if you want to get specific, if you include all the problems from every section, you're getting approximately a little over 1,000 problems for just $79. I have even heard of some people saying they had test questions on their actual test that were worded similar to what they saw on DAT Genius. Just saying...

Reactions: 2 users
Most people get the jist of what they need looking through DAT breakdowns. The overwhelming majority uses DAT destroyer & bootcamp and do really well, hence why people stick with those materials because they are reliable and consistent. If I saw more posts about DAT genius then maybe I would be compelled to test it out, but that isn't the case for a variety of reasons. So I'm gonna stick with what is safe and what quite frankly works really well (Destroyer & Bootcamp). It seems as if you get the most value for your buck using these resources as well.

Speaking from my own experience, I found DAT Genius to be a great product, and much superior to Bootcamp. I'm not quite sure why everyone on these forums seems to think Bootcamp is like the "ultimate" study resource. The material in the Genius practice tests was all very original, unlike Bootcamp, in which the MAJORITY of the questions are a rehash of Destroyer questions. Across the board, the actual version of the DAT I got was much more similar to Genius practice tests than Bootcamp tests from the feeling of the test to the actual content covered. The PAT and explanations on Genius are awesome, and again, I found it much better than Bootcamp's. I feel like a lot of people on SDN just don't want to admit the truth that Bootcamp is highly overrated (it's not that I think Bootcamp isn't a good resource, it's just that it's no where near as great as what most make it out to be). Bottom line: Genius deserves much more recognition for being an amazing product, and I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with it, but yet praise Bootcamp (which is wayyyy too overhyped on here).

Speaking from my own experience, I found DAT Genius to be a great product, and much superior to Bootcamp. I'm not quite sure why everyone on these forums seems to think Bootcamp is like the "ultimate" study resource. The material in the Genius practice tests was all very original, unlike Bootcamp, in which the MAJORITY of the questions are a rehash of Destroyer questions. Across the board, the actual version of the DAT I got was much more similar to Genius practice tests than Bootcamp tests from the feeling of the test to the actual content covered. The PAT and explanations on Genius are awesome, and again, I found it much better than Bootcamp's. I feel like a lot of people on SDN just don't want to admit the truth that Bootcamp is highly overrated (it's not that I think Bootcamp isn't a good resource, it's just that it's no where near as great as what most make it out to be). Bottom line: Genius deserves much more recognition for being an amazing product, and I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with it, but yet praise Bootcamp (which is wayyyy too overhyped on here).

this! I've got bootcamp, genius, destroyer, chad's, KBB, ferralis, etc. I like genius not because it's difficult but because 1.) The type of questions are totally different from other materials and 2.) the explanations are literally pages long.
I used it as a study guide instead of a timed test. All the other materials are fantastic as well, I just agree that Genius deserves more praise. It still needs to be combined with the other materials for breadth purposes

this! I've got bootcamp, genius, destroyer, chad's, KBB, ferralis, etc. I like genius not because it's difficult but because 1.) The type of questions are totally different from other materials and 2.) the explanations are literally pages long.
I used it as a study guide instead of a timed test. All the other materials are fantastic as well, I just agree that Genius deserves more praise. It still needs to be combined with the other materials for breadth purposes
Agreed, all good points. I think using Genius AND Bootcamp in addition to other resources is probably the best bet to score well. Other than that they both offer 5 tests per each subject (besides PAT), and that the websites look similar, Genius and Bootcamp aren't really that similar. Having used both myself, I honestly learned more from Genius and found it to be a lot more representative of the real thing than Bootcamp. Other than the Ochem section, which was very similar to Bootcamp, my Bio, Gen. Chem, PAT, and QR were so similar to Genius that I swear some of the problems were even the same. I still think Bootcamp is worthwhile, and was definitely helpful for me, but the real DAT I got was almost nothing like the Bootcamp tests.