Big $100 Kaplan book CBT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Clippers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just took my first CBT from the cd using Kaplan'ts big book review book that you can get at like Borders,Barnes n Noble. I took the first test and got mid 20s which i'm alright with since I really haven't practiced too much. I took Practice test 1. Can anyone tell me more about these tests? If they're like the real mcat or anything? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I just took my first CBT from the cd using Kaplan'ts big book review book that you can get at like Borders,Barnes n Noble. I took the first test and got mid 20s which i'm alright with since I really haven't practiced too much. I took Practice test 1. Can anyone tell me more about these tests? If they're like the real mcat or anything? Thanks!

Kaplan exams are garbage. Refund it ASAP. Here are tests I recommend, in order of most important:

1.) AAMC
2.) Berkeley Review
3.) Gold Standard
4.) Princeton Review
5.) Kaplan
6.) ExamKrackers

Kaplan exams are garbage. Refund it ASAP. Here are tests I recommend, in order of most important:

1.) AAMC
2.) Berkeley Review
3.) Gold Standard
4.) Princeton Review
5.) Kaplan
6.) ExamKrackers

However, their BS sections are money.

However, their BS sections are money.

They Organic Chemistry section is great, but their Biology section is sub-par. The MCAT is increasingly testing Immunology, Genetics, and Molecular Biology concepts, and Kaplan is inadequate in these areas. I know I'll get alot of heat for this, but The Berkeley Review Biology is the most ideal book for the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)

1.) AAMC
2.) Berkeley Review
3.) Gold Standard
4.) Princeton Review
5.) Kaplan
6.) ExamKrackers

Though I'm still not sure about where I'd put GS and TPR, I agree in large part with your list. From what I gather, GS and TPR might switchable in the tier. However, I think some of Kaplan's tests (#1-6) are decent. Here's where I'd put them:

AAMC > BR > GS/TPR > Kaplan #1-6 >>>> Kaplan #7-11 >>>>>>>>> EK

About the specific test, Kaplan FL #1 is okay (if it's the same as the classroom FL #1). Unfortunately, it's a little too easy and the verbal is horrible per usual for Kaplan. Compared to the real thing, it wasn't that close. Regardless, it's decent practice.

Thanks guys. I took the CBT from their Premier Program book. So I was tyring to get insight into what people thought of it. I'm saving tpr, br, aamc for a little bit later.

Thanks guys. I took the CBT from their Premier Program book. So I was tyring to get insight into what people thought of it. I'm saving tpr, br, aamc for a little bit later.

I took it this past weekend as well for my first test. I also have AAMC and TPR saved for later.

I thought the PS and BS were tough, but the verbal was way too easy compare to the practice passages I did from TPR. Most of the questions seemed like you didn't have to really analyze the main idea or anything like that.