big brother is watching...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

secretasianman

Glorified Enabler
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i bet most admissions committees know about sdn by now. they're probably sneaking around these forums getting information about what their applicants actually are like. better watch what you say.. dun dun dun...

Members don't see this ad.

passthesashimi said:
i bet most admissions committees know about sdn by now. they're probably sneaking around these forums getting information about what their applicants actually are like. better watch what you say.. dun dun dun...

hehe, and you just removed your mdapplicants link?
so many applicants are doing fine out here.

Members don't see this ad :)
passthesashimi said:

bwahahahahaha...and just what do you think the ad coms think of us?

passthesashimi said:
anal gunners in 'woe is me' mode.

sorry, babe...comes with the territory

Don't you remember the wackos you studied for the MCAT with??? We're all like that! (except us non-trads! We're the girl who "has a nice personality" but I'm not sure I'd date her)

Tell me what you think, but haven't people observed that the new "gunner" strategy has changed to trying to be the coolest, most well-rounded person?

Whaddya think?

I have nothing to hide. I am who I am. :oops:

passthesashimi said:

The truth is out there ...
:scared: :scared: :eek:

Yes there are medical students who read this board, and have interviewed applicants.

I guess part of the nice thing about this site is the fact that it is anonymous unless you don't want it to be. That being said, I don't think I have said anything in the allo/pre-allo/osteo/pre-osteo that I would be ashamed for the adcoms to read.

All the more reason to practice KLESHH every day.

DrYo12 said:
sorry, babe...comes with the territory

Don't you remember the wackos you studied for the MCAT with??? We're all like that! (except us non-trads! We're the girl who "has a nice personality" but I'm not sure I'd date her)

Tell me what you think, but haven't people observed that the new "gunner" strategy has changed to trying to be the coolest, most well-rounded person?

Whaddya think?

haha, yeah i suppose that's the new strategy.. to have the most cool activities and a good score to increase your market value :p. i pride myself for not being cutthroat though, haha.

I was chatting with a Director of Admissions during an interview who asked me if I could believe all the dumb things people say on SDN. She told me she once blew up some spots during an interview day - especially when people put where they're interviewing along with the date, and their public profile contains identifying information...

dc

bigdan said:
blew up some spots during an interview day
:confused: Sorry, Dan, I don't understand the phrase...

Don't you get a strong sense that although people's personalities are sometimes a little exaggerated on SDN, they basically shine through?

I don't make any real attempt at anonymity, and like most of the best of the posters here, you profile is transparent. And as I've said before, anonymity on the web is a myth.