Big decision, U of M or Nova Southeastern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xx

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going crazy trying to decide what school to attend! Nova Southeastern is in such a nice area, has great campus, and the climate is awsome. U of M has a great rep, but the climate sucks. U of M is also almost $60,000 cheaper than Nova because I am a Michigan Resident. I never plan to practice in Michigan an plan on moving to Flordia, so if I stay in MI I will have to take two boards. Is there anyone who has chosen one of these schools over the other and could you please let me know what your determing factors were. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like you're leaning towards Nova already and since your going to practice in Florida, Nova is going to prepare you better for the Florida licensing exam. You'll also get to know some local dentists and possibly have a job lined up before you even graduate.
Go where you feel you'll be happy for 4 years and try not to worry about the cost.

Good luck on your decision

I second dds2b's opinion/post. 60k is alot of money but not too much. besides look at all the money you will save on only taking one board exam!
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
How much does it cost to take the a board exam?

katt i was being sarcastic .... im not totally sure but its no where near 60k
probably 500-1000 bucks? anyone know for sure?

It is not so much the $$$$ he'd save from taking one board as much as it is only having to take one board!

i believe the NERBs is $895 and $25 extra for each score sent out, if you choose to apply for postgrad programs. Not to sure about the cost of the Florida exam.

Thanks dds2b,
you should change your handle to dmd2b haha. have a great "break" untill we start in aug. are you finishing up school or are you already done? im taking the rest of my requirements, bowling (the greatest class iv ever had) computer lit, american lit, and histology! talk to you later.

DrDMD05

DMD VS DDS...oh well same difference, I wasn't sure where I was going to end up when I chose my user ID.
I'm just finishing up my last 4 classes for my bachelors degree and yes they're non-science, GPA boosting, phys ed courses. My toughest course is a 3 credit research paper course I have to finish before the term ends.
Basically, I have tues and thurs off and I'm just trying to stay relaxed before the hectic schedule starts in Aug.

ttyl

[This message has been edited by dds2b (edited 02-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by dds2b (edited 02-20-2001).]

Good deal dds2b. Well I sorta had Tufts picked out before i even started undergrad so i kinda knew. haha .... well i hope we get lots of rest so we can be on the top next year.