Big Dreams But The Inside Screams!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentophilia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...

Im new to the US...I feel SDN is a home away from home! Im here on an H4 visa. I have registered for NBDE Part1 on June 16th. I passed out 3 1/2 years ago from college and have just finished dusting my books!!! :rolleyes: really guys....i feel i have to go back to college and study all over again....its so shameful that i seem to have forgotten even the basic stuff.

Well...i just went ahead and registered for the exam...coz i know myself very well..and if i dont have a deadline..i wont even start my studies!! my husband has brought me all the materials...Kaplan review, 2001 decks and ASDA papers. I have all my books too. Thing is I dont know where to start...Im so lost!

I know i can do it if i set my mind to it...but ive just a little over a month...and i really wish for some encouragement at this point...coz after reading a few threads I see that peeple have worked hard for more than 4 months for this exam. But i really got to write it next month. This is my only chance..(personal issues) plus i want to apply this year itself and i dont want to cross the deadlines.

Please guys...i will be so happy if any one of you could guide me... and tell me whats the best way to score well. career-wise, this is my last chance and i dont want to lose it at any cost...

Thanks everyone.

dentophilia

Members don't see this ad.

dentophilia said:
Hi guys...

Im new to the US...I feel SDN is a home away from home! Im here on an H4 visa. I have registered for NBDE Part1 on June 16th. I passed out 3 1/2 years ago from college and have just finished dusting my books!!! :rolleyes: really guys....i feel i have to go back to college and study all over again....its so shameful that i seem to have forgotten even the basic stuff.

Well...i just went ahead and registered for the exam...coz i know myself very well..and if i dont have a deadline..i wont even start my studies!! my husband has brought me all the materials...Kaplan review, 2001 decks and ASDA papers. I have all my books too. Thing is I dont know where to start...Im so lost!

I know i can do it if i set my mind to it...but ive just a little over a month...and i really wish for some encouragement at this point...coz after reading a few threads I see that peeple have worked hard for more than 4 months for this exam. But i really got to write it next month. This is my only chance..(personal issues) plus i want to apply this year itself and i dont want to cross the deadlines.

Please guys...i will be so happy if any one of you could guide me... and tell me whats the best way to score well. career-wise, this is my last chance and i dont want to lose it at any cost...

Thanks everyone.

dentophilia

everyone forgets their basics.. dont feel shameful about it.. once u start reading it all comes back.
start reading kapln , whatevre u dont understand refer to texts, whateve rtopics u arnt sure about refer to texts.same thing when answering questions..and reading decks.
basically know ure matter , dont just blindly learn the facts....

its not impossible , but 1.5 months may be a bit less.. but then if u really slog like 12-14 hrs a day and out in ure best... anythigns possible..:) give it ure best shot and no reason why u shouldnt succeed.

all the bets studying .. any other help u need.. let us know...
any doubts in the subjects u can alwasy post it here.. someone will definately helpu out...

thanks so much, toothie...ive read a number of your posts...you are one of the sweetest and most helpful members of SDN. thanks a lot for your encouragement.

i know i cannot do smart study...there are people who get away with it..but i just cannot do it..i have to read my books..re-read them, revise them, and only after understanding the subject throughly will i attempt to solve papers. ive tried short-cuts...but so far ive never succeeded without a thorough understanding of what im studying. and i know that people here in the US are very particular when it comes to knowledge...they dont compromise on anything.Some people can do a selected study and score more than the sloggers! you have to be extremely lucky for that & i'm not! :)... so i'm going to take ur advice and go for it. 14 hrs a day????? goodness im going to look a wreck at the end of this exam!

thanks again toothie...

hey, anyone else in the same situation as i am? we could discuss.

Members don't see this ad :)
dont worry! most of us are in the same boat-i was not able to remember half of the stuff i read before the exam;what to talk about what we read in college!work hard and leave rest to god

hi dentophilia

U MAY B DISAPPOINTED IF U FAIL (U WON'T) BUT U R DOOMED IF U DON'T TRY!!!!

WHETHER IT'S THE BEST TIME OR THE WORST TIME ,,,,,IT'S THE ONLY TIME U HAVE GOT,,, SO BUCK UP,,N GET GOING,,,,
BEST OF LUCK,,,,
AIM

dentophilia said:
thanks so much, toothie...ive read a number of your posts...you are one of the sweetest and most helpful members of SDN. thanks a lot for your encouragement.

i know i cannot do smart study...there are people who get away with it..but i just cannot do it..i have to read my books..re-read them, revise them, and only after understanding the subject throughly will i attempt to solve papers. ive tried short-cuts...but so far ive never succeeded without a thorough understanding of what im studying. and i know that people here in the US are very particular when it comes to knowledge...they dont compromise on anything.Some people can do a selected study and score more than the sloggers! you have to be extremely lucky for that & i'm not! :)... so i'm going to take ur advice and go for it. 14 hrs a day????? goodness im going to look a wreck at the end of this exam!

thanks again toothie...

hey, anyone else in the same situation as i am? we could discuss.

well ther are alwasy the hard workers and the lucky ones...
but hard work never fails.. tis a sure shot route to success.. read texts to understand if thats what ure comfy with..
i prefer texts too... understanding is better than mugging...all the best