Big long chemical names

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cju101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
D

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, that and the the skill of reading doctor's handwriting. :D

Does the pronunciation of those big long drug names come with experience? I'm horrible at pronoucing things.

Yes and no. You'll find that not everyone pronounces the same drug name the same. You get to pick which one you think is right in most cases, unless you get an anal boss that corrects you all the time, then use their pronunciations.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are looking for a website in order to learn how to pronounce drug names, Lexi-Comp has a pronunciation function that might help!

Yes and no. You'll find that not everyone pronounces the same drug name the same. You get to pick which one you think is right in most cases, unless you get an anal boss that corrects you all the time, then use their pronunciations.

Yeah, is it ESK-eh-tal-uh-pram or ess-I-tal-uh-pram? I've heard both - from professors. I assume it's the latter since the name describes the S-stereoisomer.

EDIT: Answered my own question. It's the latter - more or less - "es sit tal' oh pram". I wish I could delete posts.