Big or small Cardiology Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crieka

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a third year IM resident, going into Cardiology. I have a fellowship lines up for July. The program am going into is 300 beds, 6 fellows; so it is relatively small. However, the senior fellows in the program has all their numbers regarding cath, echo, and procedures. They do peripheral as well. I met the people there and pretty happy with what I see, and I signed the contract already (I heard it's not hard to get out though).

On the other hand, there is a brand new program open up with 2 fellows starting next year; it's bigger with 600 beds, definitely more volumes.

My question is: in cardiology fellowship, how important is it to go to a bigger program, bigger volumes? I'm a self-motivated person, so I will do whatever it takes to be the best that I can be. What do you think?

Thanks in advace

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm a third year IM resident, going into Cardiology. I have a fellowship lines up for July. The program am going into is 300 beds, 6 fellows; so it is relatively small. However, the senior fellows in the program has all their numbers regarding cath, echo, and procedures. They do peripheral as well. I met the people there and pretty happy with what I see, and I signed the contract already (I heard it's not hard to get out though).

On the other hand, there is a brand new program open up with 2 fellows starting next year; it's bigger with 600 beds, definitely more volumes.

My question is: in cardiology fellowship, how important is it to go to a bigger program, bigger volumes? I'm a self-motivated person, so I will do whatever it takes to be the best that I can be. What do you think?

Thanks in advace

You don't need to be working like a dog to learn your bread and butter cardio......stick with what you got.