SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

biggest MCAT comeback story? I have one

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chef, Dec 8, 2001.

1. chef

chef Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 5, 2001
    Well, it wasn't me (fortunately), but my best friend in college. Super nice guy, very cool and laid-back. The first time we took the exam last year, I did well but he got 8V-8PS-6BS (dunno what he got in writing). Needless to say he was SHOCKED. Granted we didn't study that much (perhaps MUCH less for him :D ), but he is a smart guy!!

So he took it again this year and got 11, 13, 13. Not bad for a comeback huh? Our premed advisor was shocked to see the improvement, and was telling us that 99% of people who retake MCAT get the same score (+-1 point total).

Anyone have a better comeback story???

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Ciardeme

Ciardeme Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 25, 2001
    New Jersey
    hey, what did he do different the second time around?

4. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member Physician 10+ Year Member

Jun 24, 2001
    I went up five points my second time, then another two my third. Sounds like your friend may have missed a couple bubbles or got sketchy the first time around

- the only difference for me was devoting much more time to verbal.

Andrew

5. Jalopycat

Jalopycat 10+ Year Member

Apr 20, 2001
    I went up 6 points my second time, and 3 more my third. what helped me out was that the third time I took it, I actually had time to study.

6. DLe

DLe

Hi everyone, please if you don't mind, also put what you did diff. to improve your MCAT score. I took the MCAT last April, unfortunately, I didn't do too well. Now, I am actually scare about the test. Not quite sure what to do to improve my score because I did study for like 3 months for the first one and also took TPR. Thanks for the advices.