tonywonder

2+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2014
Status
Dental Student
I'm just curious to understand why BIO: 26 | GC: 20 | OC: 23 produces a TS 22? My best guess would be that the value of the OC score has reduced because in applying these scores to the public conversion chart (http://i52.tinypic.com/2iup4i8.jpg) -- that I find has been consistent with other recent scores -- I think should get TS 23. I may be stretching the chart's applications, but even so I can't help but think that the discrepancy is apparent enough to detract from the integrity of my high score in BIO :(

Am I just paranoid?

Last edited:

Weakfart

5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2014
Buffalo
Status
Pre-Dental
The TS is based on total number correct for those 3 sections I believe. It is not a direct average of the 3.

OP
tonywonder

tonywonder

2+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2014
Status
Dental Student
Right, but can someone help to explain how this might add up?

Last edited:

dawg289

5+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
The GC portion of this test may have been easier relative to other versions of the test. Thus, your score of 20 on the GC (which is not bad at all) may have pulled down your TS. I wouldn't worry about a 22TS vs a 23TS. This is already a very good score!

OP
tonywonder

tonywonder

2+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2014
Status
Dental Student
The GC portion of this test may have been easier relative to other versions of the test. Thus, your score of 20 on the GC (which is not bad at all) may have pulled down your TS. I wouldn't worry about a 22TS vs a 23TS. This is already a very good score!
Ah I see. Thanks! I've always been curious how scores adjust among different test versions.