BIO I vs BIO II...Which one is easier?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BestDoctorEver

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
it depends on what school you go to. For instance csumb's bio1 is evolution, ecology, and biodiversity, and bio2 is cellular and molecular bio. At another university in california bio1 was molecular bio... see what I'm saying. The difficulty on the course would also depend on the teacher

it depends on what school you go to. For instance csumb's bio1 is evolution, ecology, and biodiversity, and bio2 is cellular and molecular bio. At another university in california bio1 was molecular bio... see what I'm saying. The difficulty on the course would also depend on the teacher
Sorry...did not know if the curriculum was different schoolwise. Bio 1 for me was cellular/molecular and bio 2 was evolution.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry...did not know if the curriculum was different schoolwise. Bio 1 for me was cellular/molecular and bio 2 was evolution.

If you are trying to decide which one to take, I would take BIO 1. It will better prepare you for the MCAT (if you haven't taken it yet) and it offers a good foundation in basic cellular behavior.

Same for me as well--my school used it as a "weed out" course to get rid of biology majors that had no business being a biology major. Biology II was the easiest class I ever took as an undergraduate.

I loved Bio 2 ( Intro to evolution & ecology), especially since the topic were actually touched upon for a longer time. Where as Bio 1 you do 1 topic for like 2 weeks and then you're done.
It really depends, some people get a boner from molecular and cellular biology. I prefer different levels of examination.

For me BIO II was easier. At my school BIO is Plant Biology and BIO II is Zoology. Teacher for BIO II was much better as well.

I actually enjoyed bio 1 because the professor was nice and had great teaching skills. I had to take bio 2 so I took it with the same professor but this time, he was mean and boring. I don't know what happened over that winter break but something changed. Bio 1-A Bio 2-B+

the 2nd biology was a nightmare at my school

it was taught by 2 professors, each phylogenists (or w/e... the people who study phylogeny). So much mindless memorization it was ridiculous. I'm in ochem 1 right now and it is WAY easier than BIO II so far...

the 2nd biology was a nightmare at my school

it was taught by 2 professors, each phylogenists (or w/e... the people who study phylogeny). So much mindless memorization it was ridiculous. I'm in ochem 1 right now and it is WAY easier than BIO II so far...
I felt the same way when I took bio 2( a lot of bull.... memorization). I also thought ochem 1 was WAY easier than bio 2. I had B in bio 2 with 10-12 hr/wk of studying at a CC and A- in ochem with 3-4 hr/wk studying at a State University. People who look down at CC classes are sometimes misinformed I believe because CC classes can be harder than University classes... It all about the prof who teach the class.

So much mindless memorization it was ridiculous. I'm in ochem 1 right now and it is WAY easier than BIO II so far...

The beginning of O-Chem 1 is pretty straight forward because the early part is pretty much a review of some of the things you learned in Gen Chem (hybridization, electron orbitals, yada yada...) so yeah.... just wait till you get to O-Chem II if you thought the mindless memorization of Bio II was bad... you'll get through it tho!! lol :)