Bio/Neuropsych careers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tiss229

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just finished up my freshmen year of college a few months ago and since then I have been thinking about the future. I am currently on pre-med track but I'm not really sure if i wanna commit to that and effectively lose my 20s and if I really want to be a doctor. I am currently a psych major with a minor in cognitive science and I'm really interested in the fields of neuropsychology and cognitive science. I was just wondering what other career paths I have, what it takes to get there (M.A Ph.D..) and prospective salaries (we all know it makes a difference).

Someone mentioned to me something about working for a pharmaceutical company that they would pay for your M.A in exchange for working for them for at least 6 years or something? I was also wondering about that.

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry if this post is just my ramblings

Members don't see this ad.

You do realize that obtaining your doctorate will likely take you just as long as going through med school, right? If not, then you need to do a bit more research. Many students seem to make this mistake.

I've looked at a few programs that train you for pharmaceutical sales, but I saw nothing about them paying for your MA in exchange for service. This is not to say that some company out there doesn't do it. They may, you just need to look into it further. While doing so, I would also question whether your MA can be in "anything" you wish to pursue, or if you are limited to certain areas/fields, as similar trade-offs (i.e., service for degree $$) often do this.

G'luck with your decision!