Bio Passage on 5R (spoilers if you haven't taken it)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was anyone else totally lost on the passage about the ciliate protozoan Tetrahmena that has a micronucleus and a macronucleus? I just didn't really understand the passage or the diagram for some reason. Not sure if I just lost focus or if it was because I had never seen that information before. The thing about the 45-ploid nucleus threw me off a little too. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else was thinking wtf when they saw it.

Members don't see this ad.

That passage was so messed up. I usually do pretty well on bio and that passage threw me for a complete loop!

that passage was CCCRRRAAAZZZYYY... i actually got only 1 our of wat... 6 problems somehow... just gotta use POE really agressively and try to prove everything in sight wrong... but i do have to admit i got lucky on narrowing down and guessing... hehe

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, same experience, probably the worst bio passage I've had on aamc tests.

yeh that passage blew, i understood it up until the nucleus' converted among one another

That passage was totally brutal. I remeber thinking 45-ploid, are you F*cking kidding me I mean come on :mad:
Overal I did well on that test, so I guess I should be happy But 45-ploid, I mean COME ON

I felt the same way today. Now I see the importance of moving on and not losing focus as a result of 1 bad passage. Good luck everyone.