Bio Problem..Need Some Good Advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted92121

Okay,

So I am starting my pre-reqs (my junior year and I decide I want to goto med school..go figure) and I have taken a few previous bio classes, anatomy and physiology being the bulk. However, these courses were not designed for bio majors, but rather exercise science majors. I learned alot I must say and alot of the material are things that can help with the MCAT.

However, I am taking my basic biology class now. We don't have Bio 1 & 2, just Principles of Bio and that is it. In this one semester class, we don't cover very much basic bio. Some cell material and some other little bits and pieces, but we just completely passed up the Krebs Cycle, hydrolisis, crenation, etc. I only know a little bit of info on these things. I can't take the MCAT or even a higher level bio without a better understanding.

So my question is what study aid (EK, TPR, etc) should I purchase to start building up my bio knowledge. I should say that I learn well from reading and it can't hurt to just start with some biology.

I was thinking EK Bio from previous posts.

Thanks a ton!
dxu

Members don't see this ad.

I used EK bio after a couple years of taking Bio I and II (Principles of Bio like you say). I took Biochem last Spring, which was good for genetics, but EK was really well in refreshing everything. I'd go with them. I'm almost convinced now that someone could do well on PS and BS without taking prereqs after high school level classes. I'm one that tends to forget everything the day after an exam so I don't think my old classes helped me.

I used EK bio after a couple years of taking Bio I and II (Principles of Bio like you say). I took Biochem last Spring, which was good for genetics, but EK was really well in refreshing everything. I'd go with them. I'm almost convinced now that someone could do well on PS and BS without taking prereqs after high school level classes. I'm one that tends to forget everything the day after an exam so I don't think my old classes helped me.

Echo Williams: Definitely EK Biology. Take all of the practice questions and mini-exams in the book, then buy the EK 1001 Biology if you need even more review. I think this is the most efficient way to study up on the biology you will need for the MCAT.