Bio Sketch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LSiliati

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For some schools, they ask for a biographical sketch telling about hobbies, volunteer experience, family, etc. When writing this, however, I ended up constructing an essay that tied in each experience to my desire to practice medicine--is this bad? are they looking for an essay that simply describes you outside of your interest in medicine? I don't want to sound like someone who has no life outside of being a pre-med. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

LSiliati said:
For some schools, they ask for a biographical sketch telling about hobbies, volunteer experience, family, etc. When writing this, however, I ended up constructing an essay that tied in each experience to my desire to practice medicine--is this bad? are they looking for an essay that simply describes you outside of your interest in medicine? I don't want to sound like someone who has no life outside of being a pre-med. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

definitely don't tie it completely to medicine. They want to know you as a human throughout your life and see you as you were growing up. Definitely and briefly mention how were were directed toward medicine, but this should not be the theme of the autobiography.

derf said:
definitely don't tie it completely to medicine. They want to know you as a human throughout your life and see you as you were growing up. Definitely and briefly mention how were were directed toward medicine, but this should not be the theme of the autobiography.
Unless they ask you to tie it to med school stuff do what derf says.