Bio weakness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDentJennifer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What book do you guys recommend for studying Bio? I've only had 1 semester of Intro Bio and plan on taking the DAT after this Spring (after 2nd semester of Bio).

I'm not sure what to use to study for the DAT with this weakness in mind.

Thanks,
Jenn

Members don't see this ad.

Stick to the subjects mentioned in the Kaplan Blue book, and use your college text to study from. The Kaplan Blue book was to shallow in detail and concepts for me to memorize.

why so early to take the DAT? Shouldn't you have already taken biology 2? I know the DAT is largely bio 1, but we all need biology 2 or something equivalent to a second semester of biology before dental school so wouldn't it be wise to wait? Just my 2 cents...

agree with Thaxil as far as sticking with Kaplan book goes. However, i think it does cover way too much and in depth. i re-wrote every chapter in my own words (summerized and what i thought was more important). not only that it made it much easier to memorize, but also you would now have notes for your nightly review sessions.:)