Biocehmistry problem help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BioBA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so this is a shot in the dark, but I'm sure there are Biochem geniuses lurking around SDN somewhere. I'm convinced this problem is impossible, and I know it will be on the final. Any help is appreciated!!

"Assume that a C3-plant generates ATP and NADPH by the non-cyclic and cyclic pathways, and that 50% of the ATP produced by the non-cyclic pathway is used to survive during photosynthesis. If the rest of the ATP and NADPH were used to generate G1P (Glucose-1-Phosphate) by the dark reaction, the most efficient ratio of [non-cyclic]/[cyclic] pathway would be _____? Do not convert NADPH to ATP or ATP to NADPH."

Thanks again for any help!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so this is a shot in the dark, but I'm sure there are Biochem geniuses lurking around SDN somewhere. I'm convinced this problem is impossible, and I know it will be on the final. Any help is appreciated!!

"Assume that a C3-plant generates ATP and NADPH by the non-cyclic and cyclic pathways, and that 50% of the ATP produced by the non-cyclic pathway is used to survive during photosynthesis. If the rest of the ATP and NADPH were used to generate G1P (Glucose-1-Phosphate) by the dark reaction, the most efficient ratio of [non-cyclic]/[cyclic] pathway would be _____? Do not convert NADPH to ATP or ATP to NADPH."

Thanks again for any help!!!!!

What about it makes it seem impossible? Certainly an intricate problem but where have you started and how far have you gone?

SDN is not for homework help. Check with on campus tutors, or use google.

Status
Not open for further replies.