Biochem and Pharmacology at UHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NMH2001

Ferret Momma
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking through the courses at UHS that we take 1st year and second year and was wondering where Biochem and Pharmacology fit in. I did not see them listed in the schedule. Are they included in some other course?

Members don't see this ad.

:rolleyes: Not to worry...you will receive plenty of biochem and pharm because everything is integrated. In fact, you will get a little bit of biochem and pharm in every section (as it pertains to the subject). Right now we are studying skin, blood and lymph- so we will have biochem and pharm lectures that apply to skin, blood and lymph. This is nice because you don't get one huge test with just biochem or just pharm. You get a few biochem questions and a few pharm questions on every test you take.

Dr Smiles is correct. You get little bits and pieces here and there. But I have one word of advice.....if you have the opportunity to take a basic pharm course, I would do it. They have a different approach at our school, so I think it would be wise to get a little background if you don't have any. Also, I would choose either an embryo, immuno, or histo class. Those are the main ones that some of my classmates are having problems with (definitely myself included!!)

If you have any other questions, feel free to email/post on here

-C