Nov 15, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone, I searched and found an answer, but it was for medical school, so I wasn't sure if it was applicable for DS.

Anyway, my university offers introductory biochem in both the biology department and the chemistry department. For the schools that require it, does it matter which dept. offers the class, as long as it's a biochemistry class? Thanks! :D

Dent001

BAMF
7+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Hi everyone, I searched and found an answer, but it was for medical school, so I wasn't sure if it was applicable for DS.

Anyway, my university offers introductory biochem in both the biology department and the chemistry department. For the schools that require it, does it matter which dept. offers the class, as long as it's a biochemistry class? Thanks! :D
they both might county towards the same thing but in no way are they the same difficulty. i took the biochem from my chem department and it was friggan insane. basically everything what the bio dept version did, but add knowing every mechanism, organic concepts, extreme detail, and oh yea 3 free response 60 minute exams that make up your grade.

i made a B- by the skin of my teeth.

molar3

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2010
Status
agreed! i took biochem, chem based.......SO HARD. never AGAIN! omg it was soooooooo hard, i dont even know why i took chem based now that i look back at it. I was a biology major, id suggest taking it from the bio department. the lab was a hassle too, so many calcuations and graphs and AHH!!! thank God its over, i think i got a B also. or a B+ because i'd stalk my professor and end up in his office everyday to ask him how i could get an A and everytime he told me he only gives out maybe 2 A's the whole semester bc its an upper level course and its really difficult so if you get a C or higher thats good......yea...um just stick to bio dept.