biochem doubt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missiondds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
which of the glycolytic enzyme is common with gluconeogenisis?

ALDOLASE B

PHOSPHOGLYCERATE KINASE.
------------------XXX-------------------

BINDING OF NE/E TO ITS RECEPTORS SITE ON LIVER WILL RESULT IN?

LOW cAMP

ACTIVATION OF PHOSPHORYLASE

INHIBITON OF ACTIVE FORM OF GLYCOGEN SYNTHATASE.

INHIBITON OF ADYNALATE CYCLASE.

INHIBITON OF PROTEIN KINSE.

Members don't see this ad.

which of the glycolytic enzyme is common with gluconeogenisis?

ALDOLASE B

PHOSPHOGLYCERATE KINASE.
------------------XXX-------------------

BINDING OF NE/E TO ITS RECEPTORS SITE ON LIVER WILL RESULT IN?

LOW cAMP

ACTIVATION OF PHOSPHORYLASE

INHIBITON OF ACTIVE FORM OF GLYCOGEN SYNTHATASE.they cause glycogen breakdown

INHIBITON OF ADYNALATE CYCLASE.

INHIBITON OF PROTEIN KINSE.

hope i m right :laugh:

hope i m right :laugh:
answrs are aldolase and
activates phosphorylase.

my book clearly mentions that phosphoglycerokinase is a glycolytic enzyme which also reversable inspite of the high energy nature of 1,3bpg. so that means this rxns is also applicable for gluconeogenisns.
i would go for both aldolase b n pgk....

second answer i think both activation of phosphorylase n inhibiton of glycogen sunthase should be correct. but the explaination just says: e/ne/ activates phosphorylase.

Members don't see this ad :)
answrs are aldolase and
activates phosphorylase.

my book clearly mentions that phosphoglycerokinase is a glycolytic enzyme which also reversable inspite of the high energy nature of 1,3bpg. so that means this rxns is also applicable for gluconeogenisns.
i would go for both aldolase b n pgk....

second answer i think both activation of phosphorylase n inhibiton of glycogen sunthase should be correct. but the explaination just says: e/ne/ activates phosphorylase.

hey guys

pls provide an explaination with u r choices... or else guessing answrs doesnt make sense.

hey guys

pls provide an explaination with u r choices... or else guessing answrs doesnt make sense.

ok.. the first answer i didnt find explanation.. i guess u r right and both are correct.
the 2nd one..
ne and e activates protein kinas a which directly inhibit synthase by P of protein kinase A and INDIRECTLY activates phosophrylase.. protein kinas A activates glycogen phosphorylase kinase..this enz will P glycogen phosphrylase..
so inhibition is more correct eventhogh in the bottom line both are true.if u have lippincot u can see the difference.
the first answer,.. i tried to find answer,,but didnt find an explaantion..
form where did u get this question?

ok.. the first answer i didnt find explanation.. i guess u r right and both are correct.
the 2nd one..
ne and e activates protein kinas a which directly inhibit synthase by P of protein kinase A and INDIRECTLY activates phosophrylase.. protein kinas A activates glycogen phosphorylase kinase..this enz will P glycogen phosphrylase..
so inhibition is more correct eventhogh in the bottom line both are true.if u have lippincot u can see the difference.
the first answer,.. i tried to find answer,,but didnt find an explaantion..
form where did u get this question?

ok lemme check inlippincott... i guess u r right with the explaination.i found this question in lippincott review book.